SharePoint – Are you looking for software that will improve the productivity of your organization? Are you looking for a way to communicate and collaborate at your firm?
You might want to explore it a bit more because of the amazing benefits of it. Ensuring that you invest in the right platform for a longer interval will be helped by this.
Is this a good choice for your business? Are you going to make the right investment?
We can help you make the right decision by showing you features and benefits.
What is SharePoint?
There is a web-based platform called Microsoft Sharepoint Online. It integrates with Microsoft Office to store and share files. It is a document and content management system.
Organizations can coordinate and communicate in a secure way with the help of SharePoint. You can get information about the projects.
The method to use SharePoint:
- Go to microsoft365.com as admin and choose the apps in the menu.
- Click on the button to create a site.
- The team site has to be selected.
- Pick the design that matches your requirements.
- The name and description should be entered.
- The whole setup can be completed by clicking on Finish.
Why are SharePoint document libraries vital?
“They are used as a containing space for your members lists. It’s possible to have a separate library for every client, internal department, and partner in the system. Users have access to the documents and content once they click on the library.”
The best way to use the document library is by using the method above.
- The documents can be chosen from the left-vertical pane.
- To add new items, please choose new. You can drag and drop files in the library folder.
- You can open a Microsoft Office file in the app.
- Modern web apps allow you to modify the file with other people. You have the ability to check out a file and stop others from working on it at the same time.
What is the purpose of SharePoint?
1. SharePoint Lists
You can manage the information using sharepoint lists and libraries. SharePoint lists are similar to spreadsheets that consist of rows and columns. It is available to users after concurrent access to avoid any hassle in the data.
The web-based features of the project management system make it easy to create, update, and remove items.
Also See: A Guide on NBA Streams for Watching Live & Recorded Games
2. SharePoint Workflows
There is a set of decisions and tasks that give you the right outcomes. They are similar to the automated application that handles the execution of standard business processes. If you want to save time and effort, you can use a set of templates in Sharepoint. Consistency and efficiency will be gained.
There are different roles in the workflows.
- Creator: The person who will create the template of workflow.
- Author: The person who will configure the workflow of your organization using a workflow template.
- Initiator: This person will start a new workflow instance for a list item or document. They have permission to terminate the workflow if needed.
- Participant: This individual performs the task associated with the workflow
3. SharePoint Search
Users can enter and execute search queries with this basic feature. There is a scope of search on the recent website and any sub-sites. The application processes the query and returns results that match the queries.
Links to libraries, lists, sites, documents, or web pages are included in search results. Permissions, previous searches and the context in responding to your queries are required by the search engine in Microsoft SharePoint online. You can use the search query box on the web pages to find solutions.
4. SharePoint Libraries
“It gives the host features to store, group, modify, filter, and capture vital data about the content. The library can be used to store the data’s contents.”
A library allows the members to manage, create, collect, and update files collaboratively. One of the many benefits of SharePoint is that you also get access to a great number of default libraries for specific purposes. You get the freedom to use default library apps to build new libraries.
5. SharePoint Project Site
This template has components that support project management.
- The summary of the project.
- The timetable for the task.
- The task list.
- The calendar has a month.
- A document library.
- There are features for built-in task management.
It is easy to handle tasks and projects hassle-free with this method.
What are the pros and cons of SharePoint?
Pros of SharePoint
- Many Features: It has a diverse set of features like task management, document management, security information, and asset library. This gives your organization a seamless experience in sharing, managing, and storing information in the digital world.
- Office 365 Integration: Office 365 products work seamlessly with SharePoint. Your organization can leverage all products and connect them with SharePoint.
- Integration: There are great exclusive functionalities with SharePoint. You can also integrate extensions with existing businesses, including CRM and ERM. This will make it easier for organizations to get access to information.
- Customization: Many organizations are choosing SharePoint as it can be molded to meet various business requirements. It gives you different types of enterprise solutions, intranets, portals, collaborative workspaces, and more.
- Reliability: With Microsoft support, you can rely upon solutions during setup, installation, and more. They will provide answers to the technical problems you come across in SharePoint.
- Collaboration: SharePoint aims to increase employee participation if used properly. You can use it as a central hub for messages, video chat, schedule meetings, and other productivity tools.
- Data Security: Microsoft SharePoint online has advanced level protection. The data transmissions are protected using the best encryption method. There is two-factor authentication to identify the correct users.
Cons of SharePoint
- Less Control: Once you move to cloud services, you get control of the front-end and could disrupt your business requirements.
- Increases Bandwidth: It is a slow and painful experience after migrating with Office 365 and may increase your bandwidth.
- Extra Development Efforts: Consider the additional time, issues, and cost required in case of integration. This might affect the productivity of the employees.
- Extensive Features are complicated: With a wide range of SharePoint features and benefits, you get confused. It consumes more time to invest in tailoring the perfect features and functions.
The Last Takeaway!
“The best features, pros and cons of SharePoint have been provided by us. It’s perfect for small, medium, and large businesses that need team collaboration for projects.”
Also See: 6Streams: An Insight into Streaming Various Sports